OK, so you’ve visited the Rexoco.com site and your jazzed about the opportunity to win cheap gas… now what? How do you get involved in all the auction action?
Well, that’s what this blog post is designed to do — help you get started:
- First of all, you need to register, which is short, sweet and a couple of seconds. Then, once you validate your e-mail address you’ll get 10 FREE bid credits to try the site. Check your “junk box” if you did not receive your validation email.
- Look for auctions that appeal to you on the Auction page. Be especially watchful for the yellow beginner auctions that we conduct on a regular basis. These auctions are restricted to folks who have not yet won an auction on the site and are great for newbies who want to get their feet wet against other Rexoco.com rookies.
- Related to the above, try to pick auctions that allow you to be close to your computer as the auction is winding down. This way, you can adjust your bids and execute some of the strategies we discussed in “How to Win Rexoco Auctions: Part I.”
- Read over all the auction rules — there aren’t many — so that you feel comfortable with the process. If you have any questions at all, remember you can contact us and we will reply within one working day.
- OK, now comes the hard part: Select your bid denomination and hit the red “bid” button. (Yes, that was a late April Fool’s joke — there is no hard part.) Just remember that when the auction is coming to an end, 15 seconds will be added to the clock with every bid placed, so stay alert! When the clock reaches zero, the auction is over and the last bidder is the winner.
Of course, we understand that, even though the process is simple and straightforward, questions are bound to arise. One of the most common we hear pertains to choosing the “right” auction. So, let’s address that here and now: Simply put, there is no right or wrong approach to picking an auction to participate in. Although it sounds clichéd, it really is a matter of personal preference.
However, like anything else in life, the competition varies as the value — real or perceived — gets better or worse. For example, a Black Friday sale featuring discounted big-screen television sets is likely to draw a bigger crowd than a similar sale featuring discounted salad bowls. Likewise, an auction featuring steeply discounted gas is sure to draw more bidders than one with more modest discounts.
That said, even novice Rexoco.com auction participants have won huge savings at the pump. All it takes is a little time, a little strategic planning and a little desire. Witness Rexoco.com user Norma, who, this past summer, played in her first auction and won gas for $2.83/gallon — using the free bids that were given to her for signing up.
And since it looks like there will be no summer in the Denver area this year — there is snow on the ground as we write this — why not get started today?